2222 Market Street
Successful Development in More Ways Than One
Parkway developed this building to serve as the new founding office for Morgan Lewis & Bockius, one of the nation's leading law firms. The tower, designed by the architectural firm Gensler, stands 19 stories tall with 305,000 rentable square feet. Gensler’s Philadelphia office worked directly with both Parkway and Morgan Lewis, who partnered on all aspects of the design and building specifications to customize Morgan’s ideal real estate solution for attracting and retaining some of the finest legal talents in the region. 2222 Market features 10’ high ceilings throughout with floor-to-ceiling glass, multiple outdoor terrace amenities, flexible workspace planning, a fitness center, and a conference center.
- Groundbreaking for this project occurred in September 2020, during the Covid-19 Pandemic.
- The building is in a dense urban area presenting physical, infrastructure, and entitlements challenges.
- Labor shortages and supply chain constraints impacted this project.
- The building will be the NEW Home of Morgan Lewis for the next two decades.
- Parkway took the initiative by early procurement and found ways to be flexible with off and onsite storage.
- Due to supply chain shortages and constraints, Parkway's innovativeness pushed us to find alternate materials.
- The building was designed to have an extraordinarily light carbon footprint and will seek LEED-CS Gold and Fitwell certifications.
Parkway Created Value
- Delivery of the 1st non-Comcast commercial office building in Center City Business District in over 30 years.
- Unparalleled location, which offers close proximity to shopping, dining, and area attractions such as City Hall and the new Comcast headquarters.
- In addition to unmatched access to Suburban Station, 30th Street Station, and the 22nd Street trolley station, all within walking distance.
- Parkway delivered a complete solution from planning & entitlements through delivery & management.
- Retail space available for leasing opportunities.